only My site

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Error : “Access is denied. Verify that either

Recently I noticed one issue in User profile page. The issue is the users "About me" and "Picture" which I updated in my profile is visible in Profile page but not in People search result. Obviously I understood that it is crawl issue and found the below issue in crawling.

Error : “Access is denied. Verify that either the Default Content Access Account has access to
this repository, or add a crawl rule to crawl this repository. If the repository being crawled is a
SharePoint repository, verify that the account you are using has "Full Read" permissions on the
SharePoint Web Application being crawled.”

Resolution : In Search Service application > Seach Administration > Check the 'Default content
access account'. In my case it is 'Domain\SP_XXXSearchUser'

Make sure this account has the '' permission in the 'User Profile Service' application.

Step - 1
Step – 2

Also make sure there is an entry for DisableLoopbackCheck in the registry.
If its not present follow the below steps :

Go to command window and type regedit.exe

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Right click on LSA and create a new 32bit DWORD value

Name it as "DisableLoopBackCheck" and modify its value to 1

Close the registry and crawl the content.

No comments: