only My site

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Publish Web site

Yesterday i successfully migrated my application from VS2003 to VS2005 and compiled, and today i tried to publish the web using Build -> Publish web site and i chose the option like below



I published the files in my local hard disk and i created a virtual directory and copied all the files over in the new virtual directory to start the application. I got the error while i expecting my first page of my application.. The error message is

'A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource '

The solution is
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Installs the version of ASP.NET that is associated with Aspnet_regiis.exe and updates the script maps at the IIS metabase root and below.
Only the script maps for applications that use an earlier version of ASP.NET are updated. Applications that use a later version are not affected.

Cheers
Bala

No comments: